Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

2300 AIG Scandal

I was reading a PR news article written by Diane Schwartz on the AIG scandal. This article peeked my curiosity, so i went to the NY Times and searched about the incident with AIG. The article infuriated me because AIG went out spent part of their bail out money on a fancy retreat to California. I was against the bailout to begin with and this pushed me over the edge. My favorite is this line in the Times,"The chief executive agreed that was improper, and said he would have stopped it if anyone had told him." Are you serious? This is the biggest joke. If the chief executive is so blind as not to know what is proper, i do not think he should be the executive. Just two weeks after the bailout AIG spent $442,000 on a "conference at a fancy California resort." What a waste of money.

No comments: