Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

The New Me

I have decided to get serious about working out again. I used to work out like crazy before I had Matthew. I have been a slacker. I am in no way thinking I am fat but I am not happy with all the loose skin from having a baby. My pants are also starting to fit tighter than they did just six months ago.  My love handles have increased quite a bit and not too attractive.

I have decided to track my progress on my blog. For some odd reason it makes me feel more accountable for what I do. Here are some before pictures that I hope will be changing in the near future.
As for what I am doing to get healthy, I have started a kickboxing class. I have been to the class three times and I am already getting stronger. I am also doing some out of class exercises since I only go to class twice a week. I have been trying to do abs and push-ups everyday.

The class includes an intense ab and arm workout:
  • Sit-ups
  • Leg lifts
  • Scissors
  • Plank (Knees to Elbow)
  • Push Ups (Regular, Diamond)
After we warm up with all of that we start doing punches and kicks. We spar with the teacher and each other and then we practice on the bags. It is really fun and makes me feel tough.

1 comment:

Katie Gardner said...

I think that this is a great idea. I wish I was comfortable enough to share pictures like that. Good for you though. The kickboxing class is intense. . . And I love it! Let's keep getting fit together.