Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Cody Wyoming

Most of the month of June I have spent up in Cody Wyoming. The first time I came I was only there for a week and, little Matthew and I were able to spend time with the grandparents. We missed Big Matthew a lot but being able to work and take in a little extra money made it work it. Then I was home for a week then went back to Cody with out little Matthew or his dad and it was hard. I was gone for two weeks working with my dad. While I was gone the baby went from scooting to crawling and his first tooth came in. I am sad I missed it but Matt and I could really use the money.

My dad owns his own asphalt paving company so, the work is hard but it is nice being outside. I have worked harder in two weeks than I have in the last 18 months or since I found out I was pregnant. I love running equipment and shoveling asphalt.Being home is a lot of fun and I just wished Matt could have shared the experience with me. I spent most of my free time with two of my best friends. They are really the only friends I have left in Cody. Annie married my best friend from high school and soon became my best friend too. She works at the movie theater and took me to a few movies.

The last few days in Wyoming are spent at the lake. My mom has been itching for a camping trip so, my dad took her camping on the Friday before I left. Matt and the baby and his brother also came up on Friday to go to the lake with us but they did not make it until 12:45 am. It seemed like forever since I had seen them. We were going to take the jet skis out but one of them was broken so we took one out and played. It was fun but could have been better. The weather was kind of crappy in the morning and did not clear up till about noon.Sunday we went to church at the student ward in Powell Wyoming. My dad had to speak so the whole family went to support him. The rest of the day was spent taking naps and making cupcakes.
Monday was the long trip home with two cars. Matt's 16-year-old brother drove the mustang most of the way but I would not let him drive by himself on I-80. It is such a dangerous road.

Now we are home just relaxing and spending time with the baby.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute blog! I love the bee background. Man, I bet you've had a long month, but I bet your so happy to be back with your cute little baby and husband. I hope all is well! I have a blog as well, feel free to follow it!