Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer Fun

It has been a while since my last post and so much has happened. The baby has grown and is becoming a little man. Matt and I have a lot of plans for the summer and hope we can actually do some of the things we have planned.

Swinging at the Park
So far this summer I have gone home and visited my family. I took the mustang and the baby with me. He did really good on the way up but on the way back he was really fussy. On my trip I helped my dad with work and realized how much I love laying asphalt. I forgot how hard it was to do it when you are out of shape. Being a stay at home mom had really taken its tole on me. Grandma Greer was able to play with Little Matt for a week and try to teach him how to crawl. While I was home I found out my brother and his wife are trying to have a baby. This will be number three. My nephew Dado man was calling Matt his brother and did not want to give him up. Big Matt had to stay home and work. When I told Dade he was not coming he was very disappointed.

When I came home from Wyoming Matt and I went and had dinner at an amazing barbecue restaurant (Pat's) in Salt Lake City. Then we went and visited with some old friends of mine and played cards all night. The next night after church We went camping with some friends of ours from here in Provo. It was a lot of fun but Matt was wacked in the face with a tree. He and Jordan were moving trees out of the road that had fallen over night. One of the trees slipped and Matt was in the wrong place. It almost knocked him out. He was lucky he had sunglasses on because he may have lost an eye.

First Camping Trip

We only camped for one night then came home to do laundry and clean up. On Tuesday morning we had a primary service project we had to go to at a park near our house. The kids did such a great job picking up trash.

Anyone who knows Matt knows how much he hates sitting around so, on Tuesday went fishing at Deer Creek Reservoir. It was not very good fishing but we both caught one.

Brown Trout

Now everything is back to normal except I am going back to Wyoming on Monday to help my dad some more. I will be gone for three weeks this time. Matt is going to keep the baby with him for half of the time then he is going to visit me and we will switch.

The only bad part of the summer so far is that our washer pooped out on us and now we are sharing with the in-laws. It is not too bad as long as I get it done in the morning. Other than that everything is great and we are having a lot of fun.

The update on Little Matt is that he is learning to crawl and becoming a real handful. He is such a smart little guy. He loves to cuddle and play. He is sitting up on his own and reaching for everything. He loves to eat and does not seem to be picky.

No comments: