Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

After the Mission

It seems to me that most people do not keep in close contact with mission friends, and I do not know why. I love my mission friends and have become so much more to me than just another acquaintance. This past weekend I was able to travel to Washington State with my dear friend Emily to see one of my favorite mission companions, Kami. We spent four glorious days exploring Seattle and Spokane.

We arrived Thursday night in Seattle and spent the night catching up with each other. Kami's parents were kind enough to let us stay at their house and eat their food. Mark tells the best stories so every time I get a chance I take it. This time he was telling about his new ventures with Sri Lanka travel. Wendy is the biggest sweet heart and would do anything for you. She gave me the cutest bracelet with elephants on it because she know how much I love elephants. Thank Wendy!!!!

We only spent one night in Seattle and had to rise super early to start our journey to Spokane for a wedding. A good friend of mine from the MTC, Tim Odeen, was getting married. It was an interesting experience because Tim's is the only member of the church in his family and for the most part they are Baptist. As we waited out side the Spokane temple for Tim and Amelia, we saw Tim's parents standing outside in the rain. Of course we went and talked with them and let them know they were allowed to wait in the waiting room. It something we members forget to tell people. Most non-Mormons think they have to wait outside but in fact they can go into the waiting room.

The wedding was great and we are so happy for Odeen and his new bride. We stayed the night in Spokane and went "clubbing". It was not our scene obviously but it was still fun to have a girl's night out.

We left Saturday morning and it was so windy  We stopped at a look out point for the Columbia river and the wind was howling. The wind caught my glasses and broke them in half. I was lucky to have my contacts with me.

When we got back to Seattle we ate dinner at this awesome Thai restaurant. The will make anything for you if you just call ahead. It was so delicious.

Then we went on a double date with some of Kami's friends. I was of course the 5th wheel but it was still so much fun. Kami has the most interesting and fun friends. The first on we met was Matt. He is a personal injury lawyer but  you would never know. He was a blast to talk with. The Second friend was Porter. He is a multisport coach (triathlons) but has a degree in naval engineering. I think Kami should date him but who am I to meddle in her love life.

On Sunday we walked around Pike's Place market and went and saw the Fremont Troll.

We flew home Sunday afternoon and thank goodness because I was worn out. I do not remember ever getting exhausted from playing but I guess it comes with age.

No comments: