Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Bee's Knees


Since Christmas Matt and I have been extremely busy with the baby, school, and work. Matt's job is very tiring because, unlike his other job, he is always doing something. We both thought he would have more time to do a little homework but this hospital is a little stricter than the one in Logan. Matt is kind of like a dispatcher for the housekeepers. The nurses discharge someone and it is his job to assign a housekeeper to clean it. He also has to make sure they are always working. They have no down time because if they do not have rooms to clean they have busy work.

As for me, I have been staying home with the baby and trying to keep up with school. I am taking 12 credits in order to graduate. It has not been to bad yet but I am afraid I may have bitten off more than I can chew.

The baby is doing great. He is growing and straining my back every time I pick him up. He is only 11 pounds but he gets heavy. He still does not sleep all the way through the night but he is getting better. He only gets up one or two times to eat. It is hard because those of you who know me know I do not do well getting up when I am really tired. Matt helps out by getting up once and then I usually get up the second time.

Matt and I are all moved in to his parents basement. I has been really good but sometimes I feel stuck. I am home alone most of the day and I tell my self I am going to accomplish something but I almost never get around to it. I will start doing something then the baby will cry and I will have to hold him or feed him. It is ok but I feel like a slacker. I would go out an do stuff but we are trying to save money and when I go out I always spend money. Rene (Matt's mom) and I decided that I could help her out and make dinner three times a week. She works as a vice principle and does not get home until after six most nights. It gives me a chance cook new things. I have really been enjoying it thus far.

1 comment:

Stephanie and Andrew said...

Sounds like you guys are super busy! Your baby is getting so big and he gets cuter ever time I see a new picture. Good luck with everything I hope school goes good for you so you can finish! That would be so nice. I can't wait to graduate in July!!! It can't come soon enough.