Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wyoming

This past weekend we took some friends of ours to Wyoming to visit my family with us. My home town has changed so much over the years. I have only been gone for 5 years and it seems as though Cody is a whole different world. Maybe it is just that I am so used to being in Utah that Cody is foreign to me.

Saturday morning we took out some of my dads "toys" (Polaris RZR and Joiner) to Red Lake and went off "roadin". As we were driving down the road we passed a bar and saw a few people sitting out side smoking cigarettes. I turned to my brother and said, "only in Cody will you see people sitting out side of the bar at 10:00 in the morning." That I do not miss.

We spent a few days in Cody and then came home through Yellowstone on Monday. I forgot how long it actually takes to get home. It was fun but we did not make it home until 2:00am. We did all the tourist stuff in the Park because our friends have never been there. We went and saw the hot pots and Old Faithful (not so faithful). We wanted to see wild life but there was very few animals. The dang wolf population has decimated all the herds. We saw one herd of bison, 3 elk and a ton of crows. It was disappointing.

We decided to stop in Jackson Hole for a bite to eat before we headed all the way home. We agreed on Thai food so, we looked up the Thai places and headed to our first one. It was called Thai Me Up and it was sad because how can you have a Thai restaurant without any Thai people? The cooks were not even Thai. There was no way we would pay those kind of prices for a place with no real Thai influence. The next place we went was called Bon Appe Thai. All the cooks were Thai and even some of the waiters. It turned out well.

The worst part of the trip was from Jackson to Provo because it was 9:30p.m. when we left and still five hours to go.

We all made it safe and sound and we did not kill each other. I call that success.

No comments: