Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dream for the Future

Why does it always see like our dreams/goals in life are so far away? I have been think about where I thought I would be by this time in my life and this is not it. I have a great life but I have not accomplished all I wish I had. I always thought that I would be married (check) and have two kids (half check) and have a well paying job with benefits (kinda check). I thought I would be graduated from the University of Texas (graduated but not from Texas). I really wish the economy was better because I feel like it has been holding me back. I am a college graduate and have work experience but can not find a job that will pay enough to support our family. But at least I am working.

By this time in my life I thought my husband would be graduated from college and have a good job. I thought we would be living on our own and have a nice little starter home. I always thought I would have the option of working or being a stay at home mom because my husband would be making enough to support us with out me working.

Even though not all of my expectations have been fulfilled I am so blessed. I have a great husband who supports me in any of my adventures (except yoga and Zumba). I have the best son in the world who loves me unconditionally. I have great in-laws that let me live in their basement apartment for free. They babysit whenever we are in a bind and even if Matt and I just need a break. I have a great boss who would do anything to accommodate my situation. She lets me take off when Little Matt is sick or when our babysitter has to cancel. We have hardly any dept (have to drive something). I live in one of the cleanest cities in America. I can go to the temple whenever I want because it is five minutes from my house.  I never have to worry about second had smoke or being overrun by liberals. I am free to practice my religion and not be persecuted for it. 

No comments: