Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Reconnecting

I love reconnecting with people from my mission. Facebook is such a blessing in my life. It has been hard for me to stay in close contact with people because I never knew their real names. We only knew people by their nick name.

Today I was able to get in touch with a man I met in one of my favorite areas. He is a refugee from the Congo. From what I know of his story he was a boxer. I am not one hundred percent sure what happened but I think he lost and his country told him not to come back. He had to leave his family behind and go to Thailand. When he came to Thailand he met a Thai lady and had a baby with her. He is very cute. Unfortunately after he joined the church his girlfriend left and took their son. He is still living as a faithful member of the church in Thailand. Having faith and hope that one day their will be peace in his country so he can return home.

He definitely makes my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ so much stronger. He lives with nothing and yet still lives a happy life. I feel so spoiled to have a nice place to live and food to eat every day. He has a great support system in Thailand. I admire his courage and his faith. He is a great man and will someday be a great contribution to his country as a member of the church.

No comments: