Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

General Conference- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

I feel in past few conferences I have not made a great effort to pay attention. I would watch or listen to parts of the conference but never made it a priority.

With in the last month someone in my ward gave a talk about discussing the church with a non-member. While he was speaking with this non-member they had starting talking about prophets and how we still receive revelation today during General Conference. The non-member asked him about going to conference and if he attended/watched. This member said he usually watched the Sunday sessions. The one thing that really stood out to me about his talk was when the non-member asked him how if he knew he was receiving direct revelation from God how could he not make it more of a priority in his life. WOW!

I really started thinking about this and my testimony of the gospel. So, this conference I have made it a priority to listen and take what the Prophet and Apostle say and apply it to my life. The talks this October have been so amazing.

I remember as a missionary we could not wait to get the General Conference issue of the Ensign and be able to read it in English. We really do learn so much more when we listen in our own language.


No comments: