Pages

Friday, October 28, 2011

Last Day at The Walton Group Inc.

I can not believe today is my last day of work at The Walton Group (TWG). I have been here a year already and it has gone by so fast. Working here has definitely helped me narrowed the field of where I want to work. I now know I do not want to work in an agency.



I do have to give thanks to my boss Linda Walton. She took me under her wing and trusted me to work on projects and create campaigns for clients. When I first came to TWG I was an intern. I had  been done with school for about a year and I was ready to jump in with both feet. I had taken a year off to care for my son but I learned quick that I am a working girl. I admire those stay at home moms but it is not the life for me.

I have been blessed to be able to hone my skills of writing press releases, networking, advertising, and even a little graphic design . I have learned how important doing charity work is. I have learned a tremendous amount in my year here but I feel like it is my time try something new.

The new place I will be working is called Sundesa. They are the inventors of the Blender Bottle. At first I will a sales administrator, but they said I will be doing some PR too. I really want to learn about corporate/in-house PR. I am still young and want to explore all of my options. I do not want to get stuck in job right out of college I end up hating 10 years down the road.

Sundesa is a very laid back atmosphere. The people I have met are very friendly and seem like they would be fun to work around. When I went in for my first interview the employees we talking about eating 100 day old eggs from China. I instantly knew I would fit in. I really hope this job works out and becomes a career for me (It also means Matt will get to stay in Happy Valley). It seems very promising. The President of the company said there is lots of room for advancement in their company. The only down side is they are not very community oriented. I think it is really important for a company to be involved with the community and show the people they care.

Well, wish me luck!

No comments: